The Ten Month Beat

An account of the ten months at the graduate school of journalism for the class of 2006.

8.24.2005

a little bit of everything

informal announcements and invites, and that sort of thing, it's all good. that's what I'm thinking anyway. thanks to ed.

btw, i'm a continuting part-time student planning to finish up in '06. that means i was sad to see lots of cool folks in the '05 full time class move on, but i'm looking forward to meeting all the '06 folks.

here's an informal invite. i work for the business school here at columbia (my little corner is here: www.gsb.columbia.edu/execed/inm/ ) and know that every year the mba students do a whole week of community service activities. they are scarily organized, actually. One thing they did last year that I'm guessing they'll do again is a poker tourney to raise money for a designated nonprofit. I think it would be fabulous to get the j-school in on this and I believe it happens in the fall. I'm thinking J-school Students vs. B-school students to see who can win the biggest pot for the nonprofit of their choice. There are several nonprofits that work with kids and have a journalism angle (Youth Communication, HarlemLIVE, Radio Rookies, etc.) that might be good beneficiaries of our trouncing the b-school (and don't you think we will?). Anyone willing to tag team this one with me?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger p said…

    I'm all for charity work - though I'll pass on the poker since we want to actually MAKE money. If the J-School wants in, though, we need to get started ASAP, because soon the deadlines will be insane and no one will have time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home